Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Missing Orenchi..

Since the Enjoy coupon was buy one get one, we decided to walk to Ramen Bar for dinner last night. After reading various comments on the soup, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and may be a suitable place to eat ramen here in the Philippines. The restaurant itself was nice, not too big, and had the AC on blast. If you know me, every time I eat soup, it looks as though I just ran a marathon. Sweatbands should be readily available. Anyhow, the menu was simple which is preferable. Larry ordered the Spicy Karaage and I opted for the default Shoyu. The depth of flavors in the broth was nice in the Shoyu, however, there was this weird charcoal action that threw my palette off. Soft boiled eggs are a must in ramen but theirs was marinated? It was super salty and a regular soft boiled egg with a runny yolk would have been better. Local pork in this country has a funky taste often times and the slices weren't as thin so it was intense pork flavor. As for Larry's, I liked the heat and the chicken was nicely crispy. The biggest qualm was that the soups were not piping hot. If we end up going back, I would order the Spicy Karaage. Soon enough, we will head to Makati to visit Ukokkei and see if their Ramen is more legit.
The menu
Shoyu
Spicy Karaage