Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cali Burrito FAIL

After much anticipation we made our way to B&T Mexican joint in QC near Greenhills (let me once again mention how much I hate Greenhills) What we were excited to try was their new California Burrito they added to their menu. For those of you who don't know what a Cali Burrito is picture a Carne Asada Fries rolled up into a tortilla. If you have never had one, stop what you are doing now, drive to San Diego and eat one immediately. Walking into it the excitement built, place smelled like a Taqueria. When our food came out, and we took that first bite, some things were immediately noticeable: 1) Sweet Potato Fries instead of regular fries made the texture and flavor off 2) Corn salsa inside made the burrito too sweet 3) No guac! Guac is one of the most important ingredients in any good burrito 4) Not enough cheese, but that can be said about pretty much anything in the PI. I've heard that the rest of their menu is better, but I won't be going back to find out. You let me down B&T, you broke my heart and I will never forgive.