Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Street food in Thailand!

After eating at a restaurant and passing all these food carts on the street, we decided restaurants suck and we were better off eating off food carts because after all, they do have fast turnover and are often the best. This was also confirmed in Vietnam but we will leave that for a later post. When staying at The Senses hotel, the street was lined with bars and food stalls. There was a noodle soup place that always had people there so one night we decided to try it. Can I please say, utter deliciousness. We ordered a beef ball soup as well as the regular beef accompanied with fresh herbs and sprouts. Each bowl was 50 baht. 50BAHT. 50 baht would buy you a side order of bean sprouts at a restaurant. This soup was amazing. I'm pretty sure that we each downed a bowl in less than 10 minutes. I wanted to take a straw and drink straight from the vat of goodness but that's unsanitary.


 Beef ball goodness. The chili is like.. from the gods.

This next spot was just down the street from the noodle soup spot. We ate here multiple times and frankly, I want to franchise the thing haha. I (assume) that the name is really called Thai Restaurant as their beer coolers were thusly named. 



Super good spicy squid salad. I can drink that dressing... I did. I cried a little from the heat but it hurt so good


 We saved the last day for Thai tea. because it's too addicting. Despite how milky this looks.. it packed a good punch. Suuuuuper yummy.

Everyone needs a little fried calamari in their life. I hate over cooked squid because it gets all gummy. However, this lady managed to deep fry these babies to perfection. 

The best chicken curry I have ever tasted. It's like crack.. we had it twice.. two days in row. I won't describe this any longer because it'll make me hungry.