Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Orale Vato

We met up with Mia's friend Gabriel from Gilroy last night and decided it was time to try Mexican food in the P.I. again. Our first attempt at Mexican food didn't turn out well. It was at Chihuahua in Makati and not only did the food suck, the owner wasn't even open to suggestions. Our second encounter with Mexican food was when we had Taco Bell during the PBA game at Araneta. I know Taco Bell isn't exactly Mexican, but I was happy to have sour cream. Mia doesn't like Taco Bell so I did most of the eating. So last night we tried Orale, Fort Strip in Fort Bonafacio. I can say I was pleasantly surprised with my burrito. The tortilla was warm and soft and the carne asada had excellent flavor. The salsa reminded me a bit of Chevy's. My only complaints were that the chips were a little too thick. The owner gave us some free guacamole to try which was nice, but it could have used a little lime and salt. Overall I recommend Orale and will be going back there when I need my Mexican fix. Afterwards we went to Agave on High Street for bottomless margaritas to keep in the Mexican theme and to keep Gabriel cool in the heat.