Saturday, June 11, 2011

Welcome!

Hanging out on the floor like lazy bums =)

I start school on Tuesday. I don't really know what else to say other than I forgot to pack an umbrella and I am extremely nervous.

Last night we went to Republiq and it was exactly what clubbing is.. just in another country, I suppose. Safe to say that another clubbing expedition will not be in the near future. After a few vodka and Red Bulls followed by a bottle of Jameson down the hatch, Larry and I were pretty toasted. Getting out of the taxi was a huge endeavor for a barely coherent 6'4" guy. The morning was spent pounding copious amounts of water and Larry ordering the grossest pizza from Yellow Cab. Granted the grease did the job, seafood on pizza is NOT the business.

Blaming Larry aside, he did buy me the best cheese ever and ube ice cream. He lets me wake him up at 4am because a roach crawled on me and will stay up with me holding flashlights. All in all, the first weeks here have been swell.